With cooler weather settling in parts of the country due to rainy weather, there’s nothing like a comforting meal. This meatball recipe in a flavorful tomato sauce is a great pick-me-up.
The dish with meatballs is versatile, you can combine the meatballs with your favorite pasta or mashed potatoes.
These meatballs are made from Boerewors, you can substitute this with sausage or any other ground meat.
Spicy Tomato Boerewors Meatballs recipe
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove – chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 vegetable flavored bouillon cube
- Finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tomatoes peeled and grated.
- A packet of boerewors (the meatballs)
- Olive Oil – any oil you have
ALSO TRY: Recipe of the day: Chicken in soy sauce from the air fryer
- Remove the Boerewors skin and form the meat into a meatball. Heat a pan with some oil and fry the meatballs until browned. Put aside.
- Heat the oil, add the onions and sauté until soft
- Add your garlic and cook until fragrant
- Add the oregano; cayenne pepper; black pepper; Crumble in the bouillon cubes and add the tomatoes – let simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the previously browned meatballs and set aside
- Add the sugar and basil and cook for another 10 minutes.
This recipe was found on easypeasyfoodlover Instagram account.
mashed sweet potatoes
Try this creamy mashed sweet potato recipe to complement your meatballs.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Freshly chopped parsley (two side dishes – optional)
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes and place in a large saucepan. Add enough water to cover the potatoes and add salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes fall apart easily when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan until the butter has melted. keep warm
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain them in a colander.
- Place hot potatoes in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the milk and butter mixture.
- Increase speed and beat for about 30 seconds or until milk is absorbed.
- Serve warm with extra butter and parsley (if desired)
This recipe was found on platingsandpairings.com