Air fryer recipes are in demand. The household appliance has become one of the top appliances for the kitchen.
The convenience of the machine is unmatched as a countertop cooking appliance that combines a heating element and powerful fan to circulate hot air – similar to a convection oven.
Air fryers produce food that is crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside, without actually frying it. This cooking method is considered healthy because the results are usually convincing even when baking.
To recreate this moist and flavorful air fryer chicken recipe with soy sauce, you need to make a simple marinade.
Recipe for Air Fryer Chicken with Soy Sauce
450 grams of chicken thighs with skin
- 1 tbsp regular soy sauce (no light or dark soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp honey (or with brown or white sugar)
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine (or substitute with dry sherry wine)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp white pepper (or sub black pepper)
- ¼ tsp sesame
- 1 tbsp spring onions finely chopped
- Bone your chicken thighs by gently making slits around the bone until it can be removed. Place chicken thighs in a large bowl.
- Place marinade ingredients in bowl and massage into chicken until well coated. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight for best flavor.
- Spray the air fryer basket with neutral oil or cooking spray. Alternate option: Line just the bottom of the basket with a square piece of parchment paper. Make sure your parchment paper isn’t touching the hot elements of the air fryer. The latter makes cleaning easier.
- Place the chicken thighs in the basket in a flat layer and skin-side up. Don’t overlap. You may need to air fry in two batches depending on how many thighs you can fit without overlapping.
- Air fry at 375°C for 9-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F and skin is browned to your liking. You don’t have to turn halfway.
- Optional: Remove the cooked chicken and cut into pieces. Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions.
This recipe was found on christieathome.com