As summer approaches, adding a light and delicious meal to your meal plan can go a long way.
Packed with nutrients like vitamins, minerals and fiber to improve your health, bulgur salad is easy to prepare and only takes 25-30 minutes of your day. It can also be enjoyed by people with different dietary habits.
- ¾ cup bulgur
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas, drained
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- ¼ medium onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 60 g feta cheese, diced
- Roasted Mixed Seeds
- ½ medium diced avocado
- 1 stick of celery
For the dressing
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Place the bulgur in a bowl and season with salt. Pour boiling water over it and wrap in plastic wrap. Leave it on for about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Fluff the bulgur with a fork and place in a large mixing bowl. Add cucumbers, peppers, onion, parsley, chives, feta and celery.
- Garnish with avocado and roasted seeds.
Remove feta for a vegan option.
Add shredded roast chicken for a Roast Chicken Bulgarian Summer Salad.
This recipe comes from Norman Heath, Executive Chef at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront.