CNBC’s Jim Cramer presented investors Thursday with a list of healthcare stocks to add to their shopping lists for the next year.
“Wall Street likes profitable companies with consistent earnings, nice dividends and reasonably priced stocks,” he said, adding, “The biggest ones [health care] Winners were boring, consistent operators with cheap stocks.”
related investment news
Cramer said healthcare stocks have been relatively stable this year because they tend to be recession-resistant stocks — in other words, they perform well regardless of the state of the economy.
Here are his tips:
- Cramer predicted the company will have a stellar 2023, calling it “one of the best-run companies in any industry.”
- He praised the vaccine maker’s acquisition of Arena Pharmaceuticals, Biohaven and Global Blood Therapeutics and said Pfizer stock was a bargain.
United Health Group
- Cramer said he likes “best-of-breed” managed healthcare stocks.
- He called the stock a “great turnaround story.”
Edward’s Biological Sciences
- Cramer says he likes the stock because the company’s underlying business has been strong, even though the stock has fallen over 43% over the year.
Disclaimer; Cramer’s Charitable Trust owns shares in Danaher and Humana.