Doctors find a USB charging cable in the boy’s stomach

A 15-year-old boy stunned doctors when he arrived at a hospital with a USB charging cable mysteriously lodged in his gut.

The boy from Turkey was brought in by his family after complaining of nausea and stomach pains.

An X-ray quickly revealed the plastic-covered nightmare awaiting digestion.

He was thrown into an ambulance and taken to Firat University Hospital, about three hours away, where a team of specialists were ready to find a way to relieve the boy’s pain.

Pediatric gastroenterologist Yasar Dogan requested an endoscopic procedure to free the boy from the cable.

When he arrived, the head of the Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Professor Dogan, and his team removed the foreign body after an endoscopy.

“We obviously had difficulty removing the cable because one end of the cable had entered the small intestine,” Dogan said.

After finally pulling the coiled cord, which was 91 cm long, a hair tie was also discovered inside the boy.

It remains unclear how or why he consumed the items.

“After the successful completion of the procedure, the patient was sent home healthy,” Dogan added.

This article originally appeared in the New York Post and is reproduced with permission

Originally published as Doctors unexpected find in boy’s stomach

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *