TikTok user Melanie Galeaz left tampons in for two years | Video

A woman has revealed the shocking moment doctors discovered she had left her tampon in for two years.

Author Melanie Galeaz took to TikTok to raise awareness about the dangers of Toxic Shock Syndrome after revealing her experience of using tampons.

The content creator explained that when she was a teenager, she started experiencing pain and strange gynecological symptoms.

However, doctors thought it might have been Lyme disease as she had been bitten by a tick.

But two years later, she discovered the shocking truth.

“When I was little, I was bitten by a deer tick and had all the symptoms of Lyme disease,” she said in the clip.

“But the tests were kind of confusing as to whether I had it or not, but as I had all the symptoms and was bitten, the doctors gave me the meds, sent me on my way and I was fine.

“Then in my sophomore year of high school, I started getting all this pain in my body, and some really gross things were happening in the South.

“I went to the doctor but I didn’t really mention the troubles in the South, which I know was my fault.

“But the doctor really ignored me and he was mean and scary. I was really embarrassed, I was about 14.

“It was really gross and embarrassing and I just didn’t want to deal with it. But I just hoped it was something to do with Lyme disease and that I could just ignore it with the medication and it would go away.”

Melanie explained that she was taking the medication she was given for the tick bite and her pain was getting better.

But the gynecological problems she was having did not improve.

“When I’m stressed about something, I ignore it,” she said.

“But that never works, especially in this case. Two years later, in my senior year, I was still struggling.

“I finally went back to the doctor and the gynaecologist. She cranked me up, looks and she gasps.

“I’m like, ‘Well, that’s not what you want to hear.’ Then she says, “You have a tampon stuck horizontally under your cervix.”

“It hurt to take it out because it was dissolving inside me. It kept falling apart and it was such an uncomfortable experience.”

She said that looking back, she thinks maybe she never actually had Lyme disease and that all of her problems came from the tampon getting stuck.

“I don’t think I had Lyme disease,” she said.

“Doctors think I had some kind of infection in my body from the tampon, which makes sense.

“For anyone asking about the smell, I come from a family that would have absolutely devastated me if it smelled bad. It didn’t.

“Sometimes it smelled bad, and I felt very sad when I thought I just smelled that way, so I found ways to cover it up.”

Melanie added that she actually had three tampons inside her at one point.

“During those two years, I took one out and another came out with it,” she said.

“I have no idea how long it was there. So I had one in me for two years, one in me for an unknown length of time and one for about 8 hours.”

Earlier this year, Love Island star Maura Higgins shared her experience of leaving a tampon in for months.

The 31-year-old spoke about her horrifying experience on a UK talk show to raise awareness of toxic shock syndrome.

The Irish woman became ill after forgetting to take out a tampon, causing her to become increasingly nauseous.

Maura said she couldn’t understand what caused her illness but was shocked when a doctor discovered the three-month-old tampon was stuck to her cervix.

“I had a very bad experience,” she told ITV’s Shopping with Keith Lemon.

“I’m not a doctor, I don’t know much about it [TSS]but I know not to leave a tampon in longer, I think it’s nine hours, I think that’s the maximum.

“When the doctor found it, it was stuck to my cervix. i was so sick

“I didn’t know what was going on.”

Originally posted as “The Doctor Gasped”: Woman left her tampon in for two years

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *