As we wrap up the Christmas festivities, there’s nothing quite like ready-baked chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches to end the day.
Whether you’re gathering with family or participating in Christmas activities, you can nibble on these sandwiches.
Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 120 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) powdered sugar
- 1/3 tightly packed cup (80g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 1/4 cups (175 g) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup (35 g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) milk chocolate chips
- Chocolate ice cream, two servings
ALSO READ: Countdown to Christmas: Tasty Peppermint Crisp
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the mixer attachment.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat well, then fold in the peanut butter and Nutella. Turn off the mixer, then use your hands to incorporate flour, bicarb, cocoa, chocolate chips, and 1/2 tsp salt flakes.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a clean work surface, then place half of the dough on top and shape into a rough 6cm diameter roll. Roll the paper tightly to enclose it, secure the ends and twist to tighten. Wrap it in plastic wrap. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Freeze for up to 3 months or refrigerate for 1 hour to set if using immediately.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a baking sheet and line with baking paper.
- Cut as many 1cm biscuits as you need at once. Spread on the baking sheet, leaving 2 cm between the biscuits. Bake cookies straight from the fridge or freezer for 12 minutes or until a cookie moves on the tray after gently pressing it with your finger. Cool on the sheet.
- When making ice cream sandwiches, place small scoops of ice cream on a chilled parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with a piece of baking paper and flatten in portions with your hand to the size of the biscuits. (If necessary, return the flattened ice cream to the freezer while you prepare the remaining ice cream.)
- Layer each slice of ice cream with two biscuits and serve immediately or freeze to serve within 4-6 hours.
You can find this recipe on Delicious.
You can find more recipes here